INDUSTRIAL RUST effect (where RUST ACTIVATOR is applied) is used for decoration of interior walls. Allows for decoration of contemporary and classic rooms. It is particularly recommended for residential houses and public access buildings (offices, service points, malls).
RUST ACTIVATOR is manufactured on basis of salts solution. Accelerates natural process of corrosion of INDUSTRIAL RUST plaster surface. Ready-to-use – does not require additional preparation. Perfect applicability.
INDUSTRIAL RUST plaster
Activation of the process of corrosion
RUST ACTIVATOR should be applied upon the plaster coat with an atomizer, a paintbrush, a sponge or a plastic sprayer. In case of large surfaces carry out application in sections – apply activator upon 1-2 m² of plaster. Apply activator uniformly upon the whole surface. It can also be applied additionally upon still moist plaster in individual points where more intensive corrosion effects is required. Leave to dry completely.
NOTE! The final effect depends on many factors:
1. Tool used for activator application:
• spraying with atomizer – effect with damp patches is formed,
• spraying with atomizer and patches troweling – uniform effect is formed,
• spraying with atomizer and taping with sponge – three-dimensional effect of uneven surface is formed.
2. Time of activator application:
• application of activator upon slightly dry surface gives orange – brown colours,
• application of activator upon wet surface gives light orange and yellow colours.
3. Amount and frequency of use of activator – damp patches are formed when greater amount of activator is applied.
4. Time of drying of activator – the slower the process of drying is the more discolored the effect gets. It is advisable to carry out sample application in order to determine the method of activator application in particular ambient conditions (humidity, temperature, draught).
Average consumption: 60 ml/1 m². The actual consumption depends on substrate texture and absorptiveness, quality of substrate preparation, user’s experience, number of layers, method of application.
Density: approx. 1.01 g/cm³
Product preparation, substrate and ambient temperature during application and drying: from +10°C to +30°C
Relative humidity during product application and drying: below 80%
Time of complete drying: approx. 2 hours*
*The time shown in the table is recommended for the application in temperature 23°C and humidity 55% (approx.). In lower temperature and higher humidity this time can extend.
The product has been given the Hygienic Attest.
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• Due to great variety of substrates and application conditions it is advisable to make a sample board in order to set the colour and technique of application.
• The final effect mostly depends of user’s experience, tools used for application, amount of applied material. Coverage and other parameters listed in this data sheet are approximate and based on samples and tests carried out in optimum conditions (approx. +23°C and humidity 55%). In other conditions the effect parameters and appearance can differ. Do not accelerate the process of decoration drying as it limits the process of corrosion.
• Keep out of reach of children. Air the room during painting and directly after until characteristic smell disappears. Use individual respiratory protection measures in case of insufficient ventilation. If swallowed: get immediate medical advice, show package or label. Follow the instructions of the Safety Data Sheet.
• Keep in tightly sealed original and labeled containers. Keep in dry and cool places, protect against overheating
(> 30 °C) and freezing - the product freezes and irreversibly loses its performance in temperature below 0 °C. Protect against direct sunlight. Shelf life in conditions as specified is 12 months from the production date shown on the packaging.
Plastic containers: 0.5 l.
Product used in the following effects: